HEALTH, SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
VLI has an uncompromising position when it comes to health,
safety and the environment. Our commitment is to provide all
employees, contractors and visitors with a healthy and safe
environment at all times.
We employ dedicated resources to ensure full compliance with all
relevant legislative and client Health, Safety & Environmental
requirements. We achieve this by implementing best practice systems
that provide our clients with the confidence that safety is a core
value of our business activities.
Our management team is absolutely committed to:
- Focusing on continual improvement of our health, safety and
- The provision of a safe and healthy working environment for all
our employees and those in our care.
- Complying with all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental
legislation, regulations, codes of practice and appropriate
- Establishing measurable targets for HS&E performance and
incorporating them into the personal development plans of our line
managers to drive continual improvement and accountability
throughout the organisation.
- Incorporating current best practice risk management principles
into our work activities to continually identify and control
hazards in our workplaces.
- Providing a forum that actively promotes consultation and
involvement of all stakeholders in the achievement of the company's
- Providing appropriate training, education, information and work
instruction to enable employees and management to perform their
work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Ensuring that all contractors and sub-contractors engaged by
the organisation comply with this policy, health and safety system
requirements, rules, legislation or any other such protocol deemed
necessary during their engagement.
- Conducting our business in a manner that strives to minimise
our impact on the environment.
These commitments are fundamental to the way we conduct
ourselves in business each and every day.
We recognise and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure that
we minimise our impact on the environment by ensuring our business
activities are undertaken in accordance with best practice
environmental management standards and comply with all relevant
environmental legislative requirements.